Website Communities In Schools of Ohio
Are you passionate about working for an organization that creates an environment for students to succeed? Do you have what it takes to lead the financial infrastructure of a growing and dynamic non-profit organization that builds and nurtures school community relationships for the delivery of services to students, parents, and school staff?
Then, Communities In Schools of Ohio wants YOU! We’re looking for a Director of Development.
Why You’ll Love Us!
- Making a difference in the lives of students since 1993, CIS of Ohio works IN schools to ensure students have the resources they need.
- We provide non-academic assistance helping with basic needs like healthcare, nutrition or clothing so young people are better prepared to learn.
- We work hard to help students achieve in areas including attendance, academics, behavior, and social-emotional learning.
- We provide one-on-one mentoring, instilling the confidence to succeed, the belief that education creates opportunity, and setting the expectation for success.
- We work across the community to identify and access resources to support students, families, and schools.
- We work to ensure children have a supportive home life, increase parent-school involvement, and help parents access the services they need.
- We help students build leadership and life skills, explore college, and career options, and understand how their education is connected to their financial future.
- We take students on college visits and link students to career experiences and internships.
Reporting to the Chief of Programs & Partnerships, the Director of Development is responsible for creating, implementing, and evaluating a long-term development plan that achieves the organization’s strategic objective of growing and ensuring financial strength and sustainability. The position will oversee fundraising, marketing, communications, and brand messaging for CIS of Ohio to extend our reach in supporting students and increasing support for CIS. The Director of Development will manage CIS of Ohio’s donor initiatives, fundraising, and the coordination and management of special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fund Development Plan
- Drive the development, implementation, and evaluation of an organizational fund development plan that includes strategies for grants, sponsorships, solicitation of major gifts, planned giving, events, giving campaigns, and prospective donors.
- Conduct data-driven analysis and reporting of fund development plan performance.
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation
- Research potential sources of, and applies for, grants and public funding.
- Conduct prospect research for previous and new individual, foundations, and corporate donors.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with prospects through thoughtful cultivation and stewardship (face-to-face meetings, correspondence, and phone contact).
- Update and ensure that the donor acknowledgement process is followed with support from the Executive Assistant.
Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate all marketing and communications needs related to the fund development plan including event marketing, publications, and donor outreach materials.
- Manage contractors and volunteers who support marketing and communications for mass emails, CIS newsletter, social media, and other tasks as identified.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with marketing and fundraising activities and committees.
- Promote deep appreciation for, and sensitivity to, diverse stakeholders’ cultures in all communications activities.
Donor Engagement and Tracking
- Develop and cultivate positive and inclusive relationships with diverse community, civic, and business leaders.
- Build and maintain effective and positive relationships with all staff, stakeholders, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Utilize and manage CIS fundraising technology platforms.
- Manage and coordinate special events and all related details (or expectations).
- Serve as the CIS staff liaison and provide support for all Board of Directors fundraising and donor engagement events.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for events.
- Track and report event outcomes including net revenue and cost/benefit analysis.
- Coordinate contracts with event vendors and in-kind donors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) a plus.
- Three or more years of experience in non-profit fund development.
- Demonstrated brand management experience.
- Fundraising software and tools experience.
- Experience coordinating and managing event support and volunteers.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Trustworthy, dependable, and demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships.
- Comfortable in both highly collaborative environments, as well as in self-starting, self-driven tasks.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Desire and ability to thrive and grow as part of a diverse and dynamic team.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Communities In Schools of Ohio is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. CIS is a drug-free workplace.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Kristine Robbins, MS, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Communities In Schools of Ohio
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com