In today’s world, nearly 1 out of every 3 people in the world lacks access to clean water, and even more people live without safe sanitation options such as toilets or latrines. Billions of people also lack access to basic and life-saving healthcare technologies. Without access to these resources, billions of people around the world face dangerous conditions, disease, and even death.
Design Outreach (DO) exists to solve these global challenges through the development of innovative and appropriate technologies in the Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Medical sectors. We do this by engineering high-quality technologies that are appropriate for the context and communities in which they are used. As a Christian humanitarian engineering organization, our vision is to see low-income and marginalized communities around the world transformed physically, economically, and spiritually. We have seen firsthand the transformation that happens in communities where LifePump, DO’s flagship technology, has been operating for years without failure—evidence that appropriate and reliable technology solutions can break the cycle of poverty and open the door for the Gospel.
Design Outreach is a small team with global impact. At Design Outreach, you will have the opportunity to dive into a diverse set of projects, have high-level ownership of your work, and make a direct impact on our mission. Our team has grown from 5 to over 30 staff members in under three years and continues to expand as we strive to be the global leader in appropriate technology development.
DO’s work environment is highly collaborative. Our staff work alongside, learn from, and influence subject matter experts in the implementation of life-saving appropriate technologies. In the next three years, we plan to deploy seven technologies in the WASH and Medical sectors. In collaboration with our Gospel partners, our goal is to reach over 1,000 communities with safe water and the Gospel through LifePump.
What will your impact be? We invite you to find your purpose and live out your calling at Design Outreach. Join our team, and work alongside others who are committed to putting their faith into action!
The Stewardship Officer (SO) reports to the Chief Stewardship Officer (CSO) and helps to support all advancement activities.
• Collaborate with the CSO to implement the strategy for individual gift relationship management (track, manage, nurture, upgrade) to meet short- and long-term fundraising goals of the organization.
• Develop long-term relationships to build on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions, and values as they relate to the mission of the organization.
• Engage, cultivate, and deepen financial partners’ relationships with DO to support the overall goals of the Stewardship Department and CSO.
• Identify and reconnect unengaged financial partner groups.
• Serve as liaison to DO by identifying, engaging, and re-engaging financial partners in Ohio, but also with a focus on those in Indiana and Michigan.
• Under direction of CSO, lead fundraising and development efforts for WASH sector, with special focus on securing funding for LifePump program.
• Direct stewardship activities to assist with fundraising in Indiana and Michigan. The SO works closely with the CSO in all communication endeavors.
• Create, integrate, and implement short, intermediate, and long-term individual, corporate, and foundation gifts from financial partners.
• Utilize financial partner relationship management system and Salesforce software.
• Manage relationships with annual donors, including prospect solicitation, briefings with primary solicitors, and follow-up.
• Cultivate and expand strategy giving by integrating planned gift objectives into donor requests in collaboration with the CSO.
• Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual organizational activity and reporting to achieve fundraising revenue goals.
• Assist with the review and verification of annual and major donor recognition lists.
• Track and report relationship management activity using a financial partner database, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective financial partners.
• Understands and supports the mission of a Christ-centered organization dedicated to sharing the Gospel by word and deed.
• Passion for and agreement with Design Outreach’s vision and mission as outlined in the case for support and employee handbook.
• Kingdom- and abundance-minded when working with ministry partners.
• Ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, and allied organizations, many of whom may be motivated by a deep commitment to serving Jesus Christ.
• Core understanding of best practices and ability to learn quickly, including implementing development plans and meeting quarterly and annual goals.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Outstanding communication (written, oral, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
• Ability to commit to a full-time salaried position.
• Experience and background in business development, fundraising, membership, client engagement, or marketing preferred. Experience fundraising for water projects in developing countries is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field; MS/MA a plus.
Salary/Benefits and Details:
• Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
• Work from office in Gahanna, Ohio, with the ability to travel domestically and internationally to support events and meet with supporters and partners. (up to 20% travel required)
Position start date is negotiable with interviews ongoing until position is filled. Please send cover letter/resume to CSO Rhonda Davis at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org