Website Franklin Park Conservatory
Life Happens Here - What will you experience?
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens offers world-class horticulture, art, nature-based exhibitions and educational programs. The 13-acre indoor and outdoor facility—situated two miles from downtown Columbus—features glasshouses including the historic John F. Wolfe Palm House; botanical gardens including the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden and Scotts Miracle Gro-Foundation Community Garden Campus; and event venues. The Conservatory is home to the largest collection of Chihuly glass in a botanical garden and Light Raiment II by internationally renowned artist James Turrell. Committed to the community, the Conservatory strives to provide an accessible and welcoming experience to all.
Inspired by horticulture, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens elevates quality of life and connects the community through educational, cultural and social experiences.
A world that celebrates nature as essential to the human experience.
The Development Assistant enhances the effectiveness of the Conservatory’s Board of Trustees, Leadership Team and Development Team by providing administrative support including meeting preparation and minutes, calendar coordination and supporting the executive team with logistics related to the Board of Trustees, donors and key constituents. This detailed, donor-centric teammate is responsible for executing the Conservatory’s donor stewardship plan and assisting with the maintenance of donor records. The Development Assistant maintains the Conservatory’s excellent customer service reputation as the frontline point of contact for the Development Team with the public and donors. This position supports both the President and CEO and Vice President of Philanthropy and reports to the Vice President of Philanthropy within the Development Department.
Additional Information: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Compensation is $16 – 19 per hour, paid biweekly. The selected candidate will be eligible for the Conservatory’s benefit package offered to full-time employees, which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, company paid Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance, participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement Program (OPERS), optional 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan, accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) which starts at 23 days annually, accrued Sick Time, 3 paid holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day), and complimentary membership to the Conservatory.
Board of Trustees:
● Facilitates the preparation of and historical collection of agendas and presentation materials for Board and Board Committee meetings.
● Attends Board and Board Committee meetings, takes minutes, and quickly sends draft notes and actionable items to the appropriate person for final edit and approval.
● Updates and maintains Board member appointment matrix, bios and contact information in Tessitura, the Conservatory website, and auxiliary websites.
● Coordinates new Board member onboarding procedures and scheduling.
● Identifies and coordinates any ‘special guest’ additions for Board meetings.
● Manages the scheduling and logistics for an annual high-quality board retreat.
● Facilitates external communications to stakeholders on the behalf of the Board as needed.
● Responsible for accurate and safe transaction entry (check, credit card) in the check log and database.
● Maintains correct and clean constituent contact information records within Tessitura.
● Easily navigates report building, exporting and analysis within Tessitura.
● Files monthly expenditures for the Development team and maintains a year-to-date balance summary.
● Utilizes VenueOps location reservation and event detailing for Board, team, and Leadership needs.
● Produces appropriate and timely gift acknowledgement letters and ensures all acknowledgments are distributed.
● Coordinates Board service and giving milestone acknowledgement, including planning board recognition for resignation, end of term, and milestones.
● Coordinates video shoots, photo shoots, and donor statements for social media, solicitations or stewardship as needed.
● Collects and compiles stories from various Conservatory teams and surveys.
● Recognizes donor groups for milestone giving and updates this plan annually.
● Assists with event execution for the Individual Giving Manager and Associate Director of Development for stewardship and fundraising events, as needed.
Leadership Team Administration:
● Schedules appointments and manages the calendar of the President and CEO and Vice President of Philanthropy, including managing the breakfast tour calendar schedule and tour logistics.
● Coordinates key meetings such as Leadership Team and All Staff meetings.
● Files monthly expenditures for the President and CEO and Vice President of Philanthropy.
● Communicates directly with Board members, donors, staff and others on behalf of the President and CEO and the Vice President of Philanthropy.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
● Bachelor Degree in Business, Communications, or related field.
● Experience in meeting planning and budgeting.
● 1-3 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
● Technical and persuasive writing experience preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED AND RESULTS TYPICALLY ACHIEVED
● Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other basic software programs.
● Strong organizational, interpersonal and team work skills.
● Professional and friendly demeanor with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with trustees, donors, staff, and community leaders.
● Working knowledge of business writing, grammar and punctuation.
● Proven ability to handle confidential information.
● Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time and occasionally move boxes and other office equipment weighing up to 20 pounds, with or without accommodation.
● Ability to support the core values and mission of the Conservatory.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Conservatory does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status. The Conservatory values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit fpconservatory.clearcompany.com.