Website Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Grant Writer (Part-time)
Job Summary: The Grant Writer writes proposals, grants, and reports for the foundation and corporate donors and prospects, identifies potential new foundation and corporate donors and assists in the creation of specialized correspondence for individual donors.
Part-Time Status, approximately 20hrs per week.
Temporarily a remote position.
- Writes letters of inquiry, proposals, grants and reports for foundation and corporate funders.
- Works closely with development staff responsible for foundation and corporate relations.
- Discerns programming objectives and financial needs and effectively translates this information into proposals aligned with the Conservatory’s funding priorities.
- Conducts local and national prospect research to identify potential new funders.
- Collaborates with program staff and finance to develop proposal language and budgets that comply with funders’ requirements and aligns with their priorities.
- Tracks letter of inquiry, proposal and report deadlines and works with internal staff to ensure all deadlines are met.
Major Gifts/Donor Support
- Partners with the Manager of Annual Fund and Individual Giving to create specialized correspondence, letters of acknowledgement, email solicitation and proposals for individual donors and prospects.
- Enters all corporate and foundation letters of inquiry, proposals, grants and reports into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or a related field.
- 2+ years’ grant writing experience preferred.
Experience with Raiser’s Edge is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to be clear and precise.
- Positive and collaborative team player with a high degree of initiative and self-discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in the arts and/or horticulture a plus.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Conservatory does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status. The Conservatory values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.fpconservatory.org.