Website Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character
Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland
The Philanthropy Manager will be responsible for grant management and donor stewardship. Duties would include researching, identifying, and writing proposals and applications for both public and private grant opportunities. Will be responsible for maintaining accurate and consistent donor information and analytics, ensuring timely stewardship activity to donors. Responsible for tracking and reporting grant progress to support the organization’s fundraising and program priorities. Partners with program leaders to strategize and ensure targeted grant goals are met.
SKILLS: Superlative writing, listening, and oral communication skills; solid problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills; strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to proactively plan the grants schedule; ability to take initiative, and work independently; demonstrated ability to work on a team; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize work assignments and business needs in order to meet complex timelines; demonstrated experience and knowledge in research using online and other resources.
SOFTWARE SKILLS: Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, internet search engines, online grant research tools, and experience using Raiser’s Edge or other database applications.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals and subsequent reports.
- Data entry in Raiser’s Edge software.
- Research, review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding potential funding opportunities.
- Maintain inventory of current grant proposals and reports.
- Establish and steward relationships with foundations, and United Ways.
- Reconcile gift processing with council financial records.
- Demonstrate an understanding of institutional history and current programs.
- Actively support the Council’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity policy.
- Understand and operate within Girl Scout policies, standards, and procedures. Utilize the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and Journeys pathways to provide an informal, value centered, educational experience to the membership while actively supporting the council’s Strategic Learning initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or related field is required.
- 2 or more years’ experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated ability to raise money through grants.
- Specific experience writing United Way, government or other complex grants.
- Daily access to dependable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurance required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge.
- Bending, stretching, and kneeling.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of sitting and typing.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt Salary
The Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Council will employ qualified individuals to fill job vacancies on the basis of their experience, ability, and aptitude.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com