As a part-time Finance Administrator (20-25 hrs./wk., remote), you are at the heart of the mission of Great Lakes Outreach (GLO): to see Burundi transformed in Jesus’ name. With your gifts of organization, finance, and administration, you will work behind the scenes to support local Burundian ministry leaders and connect generous givers in the US to this great move of God in the poorest country on earth.
- Online donations – process CharityProud donations and confirm donations have been acknowledged, tracked, and allocated; configure CharityProud for new appeals; and categorize donations.
- Offline donation processing – confirm check deposits by accountants have been entered and tracked, including soft credit details.
- Alert GLO’s CEO to donations that need additional acknowledgment.
- Confirm year-end tax receipt processing and mailing by accountants.
- As directed by the CEO and the US Board, work with the accountant to transfer payments to GLO Burundi and/or GLO Partner accounts.
- Accounts and Reports:
- Work with accountants and compile data for audited statements, accreditation status, month-end close, and financial reporting.
GLO US Office Administration:
- Manage expenses with Board approval.
- Work with the US Partnerships Coordinator and the GLO UK communications team on the annual newsletter, Christmas cards, and monthly communications.
- Respond promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Attend weekly GLO Global Prayer Meeting.
The team includes Simon Guillebaud, GLO’s Founder and CEO; the US Board of Directors, comprised of people with strong faith, a love for the Lord, and a commitment to GLO’s mission; the US Partnership coordinator whom you will work with on various projects; and the GLO UK staff. You will also work with GLO Burundi staff, GLO’s CPA firm, and other outside contractors
You will have a mentor who will train and guide you in most of your administrative responsibilities.
● Strong written and verbal communication.
● Organized and detail-oriented.
● Dependable, flexible, and proactive.
● Self-starter, able to take initiative and problem-solve.
● Ability to exercise good judgment and confidentiality.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and variable schedules.
● Minimum of a Two-year degree; bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent
● Proficient in Microsoft Office.
● Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Non-Profit guidelines.
● Committed to the work of evangelization and discipleship of others.
● Christ-centered and Spirit-led character; committed to personal discipleship through a life of regular prayer, active participation in the Church body, and behavior consistent with the moral teachings of Christ.
● Prior experience with a Customer Relationship Management system is preferred.
● Experience in a professional, cross-cultural environment.
● Experience with evangelization and discipleship.
● Simon Guillebaud felt called to Burundi, Africa during the Civil War in 1999. Simon recognized the potential for strategic cooperation with local leaders and founded GLO in 2003. In 2015, during the presidential crisis, GLO was working apolitically behind the scenes through our partners to promote peace across the nation. Today, GLO has expanded to supporting over 25 partners and is an internationally respected organization.
● Our vision is to see Burundi transformed in Jesus’ name.
● Reflect those modeled by Christ in the Gospels: respect, passion, integrity, humility,
wisdom, and justice. We seek to apply the highest professional standards to our work.
How We Work
● GLO works with visionary local leaders to transform Burundi through education, sport, business, healthcare, and more, bringing hope to thousands of the most vulnerable.
● We identify, equip, and empower the best local leaders of passion, integrity, gifting, and vision for the transformation of the nation. GLO has identified a network of exceptional Christian leaders in Burundi who are now representing multiple projects. We help these partners to develop, enabling them to increase their self-sufficiency. The results are exciting and encouraging despite Burundi’s many challenges.
● GLO has an office ‘on the ground’ in Bujumbura in Burundi, managed by Bosco Mutebutsi.
GLO is, therefore, able to manage the distribution of gifts locally and with integrity.
● GLO has rigorous financial and banking procedures and policies so that your giving is secure. We work hard to avoid excessive administrative costs so that the maximum amount of funds can go to our exceptional local partners.
Visit us at www.greatlakesoutreach.org for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org