Website The Dawes Arboretum
Do you enjoy building relationships with others? Are you a skilled communicator? Do you want to work towards a mission rather than just work a job? Then come be a part of our growing Advancement team at The Dawes Arboretum! We are actively recruiting for a full-time Advancement Manager of Partnerships.
Your purpose is to lead a skilled and dynamic team who is responsible for creating and implementing strategies to accelerate The Dawes Arboretum’s strategic revenue diversification plan. You will champion our mission by developing and nurturing relationships with existing partners and volunteers as well as build new collaborations.
Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement best practice solicitations and relationship building of local corporate, foundation and community organizations. Develop and maintain knowledge of corporate and community giving interests, funding opportunities and trends.
· Expand The Arboretum’s partnership portfolio by cultivating and stewarding long term relationships including philanthropic support from new corporate, foundation and community partners.
· Support the development of new business/community opportunities, including strategic engagement through events and volunteerism.
· Create dynamic presentation packages for new corporate, foundation and community prospects.
· Manage and lead the volunteer and fundraising event staff. Perform routine personnel functions (i.e. – interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of employees and achieving objectives within budget. Provide coaching, training and mentoring as needed.
If the above speaks to you, please submit your cover letter and resume demonstrating the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Three (3) years of experience managing multiple aspects of a corporate and/or community organization that has resulted in significant diverse contributions and engagement; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two (2) years of demonstrated leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with demonstrated orientation toward quality customer service.
· Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also function as a collaborative team player who will take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
To apply for this job please visit j.brt.mv.