Engagement and Alumni Relations, Senior Associate
Website The Ohio State University College of Public Health
The Engagement and Alumni Relations Senior Associate will be a critical member of the College of Public Health Advancement team focused on building alumni engagement through strategic initiatives, guiding two volunteer alumni society boards, and managing Dean level special events.
This position will:
- Serve as the coordinator and liaison for both the College of Public Health and Health Services Management and Policy Alumni Societies.
- Coordinate and manage Dean level events.
- Strategize, plan and execute alumni engagement events as appropriate and in line with college priorities and aligned with development strategies.
- Develop, establish, and maintain relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Collaborate with OSU Alumni Association and university partners on volunteer best-practices.
- Act as a consulting partner for division level and external alumni events.
The Engagement and Alumni Relations Senior Associate will develop a strong understanding of the College of Public Health’s programs, strategic plan, and fundraising priorities. This position will work closely with Alumni Society leadership, the Ohio State Alumni Association, and colleagues across the College of Public Health and Ohio State Advancement.
The Engagement and Alumni Relations Senior Associate reports to the Senior Director of Development with a dotted line to the MHA Program Director and operates with a moderate to high degree of independence to make decisions, solve problems, negotiate and adapt to shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in organization, communication, writing and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alumni Society Coordination: 60%
- HSMP Alumni Society: 50%
- CPH Alumni Society: 10%
- Dean’s Suite Special Events: 35%
- Other: 5%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with alumni relations, special events, or transferable experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, weekends, and minor travel commitments.
- Excellent project management skills.
- At least two years of professional experience in higher education
For external applicants:
- Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/careers/
- Create Login and Password (Candidate must Keep this Login information)
- Search R71010
To apply for this job please visit hr.osu.edu.