Donor Experience Senior Associate
Website The Ohio State University
Advancement | Development Donor Experience
The Donor Experience Senior Associate assists the Associate Director and Donor Experience team with developing, executing and evaluating donor relations programs and projects to help ensure that those who contribute to the university feel appreciated and aware of the impact of their gifts. The Senior Associate manages stewardship projects and programs for targeted and/or broad donor audiences, working collaboratively with peers across Advancement, the university and medical center. They partner with colleagues to identify impact content and create impact communications to show donors the difference their giving makes. They provide administrative support to the Donor Experience team with report production, data maintenance and procurement and travel processes, and directly support the Associate Director on other related activities. They analyze information and engage in responsible, independent thinking to initiate resolutions in response to inquiries.
The Senior Associate is expected to provide superior customer service in a fast-paced environment; be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and projects; maintain confidentiality and use good judgment when working with sensitive information; be proficient with MS Office programs; be fiscally responsible; and anticipate the needs of and readily adapt to different priorities and people.
All members of Advancement are part of creating an inclusive culture that inspires and exceptionally diverse and talented team and are measured on their adherence to the following core competencies: Leadership, Continuous Improvement, teamwork and Collaboration, and Communication/Interpersonal Effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
75% – Assists the Associate Director with developing, executing and evaluating donor relations programs and projects. Manages projects and programs for targeted and/or broad donor audiences to demonstrate impact and appreciation and inspire further engagement; Coordinates and tracks the status of programs and projects and proactively identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for improvement with guidance from Associate Director; Responsible for implementing some projects and significant parts of projects; Collaborates with colleagues across the university and medical center related to implementing various donor relations programs and projects; Partners with colleagues to identify impact content and create impact communications to show donors the difference their giving makes; Compiles information, makes suggestions, drafts notes and materials for meetings; Participates in meetings and facilitates follow-up items; Develops, writes and refines summaries, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, web content (confidently uses TAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Researches issues and proposes courses of action, suggests process improvements or other opportunities to improve projects; Serves as an active member of the Donor Experience team, participates in team meetings and works on other special projects, workgroups or events as assigned.
20% – Provides administrative support to the Donor Experience team; Initiates travel and procurement processes; Provides excellent customer service to donors and internal partners, tracks issues through to resolution, solves.
5% – Other duties as assigned.
- Gain awareness of Ohio State’s philosophy of stewardship and donor experience.
- Learn about examples of stewardship from across Ohio State included in our Stewardship Resource Library.
- Initiate relationships with college, unit, and central advancement partners and continue the onboarding process.
First 2-3 months
- Gain an understanding and familiarity with the Stewardship community around Ohio State and the resources provided to the community.
- Participate in two to three projects partnering with college or unit stewardship colleagues to show appreciation and/or impact to donors.
- Continue to build relationships with college, unit, and central advancement partners.
First 12 months
- Understand the resources and examples available in the Stewardship Resource Library to be able to connect colleagues with those resources.
- Lead three projects in partnership with college or unit stewardship colleagues to show appreciation and/or impact to donors.
- Deepen relationships with college, unit, and central advancement partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Desired Qualifications (We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage you to apply even if your experience does not align perfectly)
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Two years of professional experience in development and/or stewardship activities working with major donors.
- Experience in higher education advancement, particularly major gift fundraising or stewardship.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex programs and projects.
The Office of Advancement is committed to providing tools and resources for you to learn our business, proprietary databases, university-specific processes, and advancement practices.
Commitment to Inclusion
The Office of Advancement is committed to active allyship in addressing and dismantling the inequities created by systemic racism and implicit, long-held bias. We pledge to act with kindness, respect, and integrity at all times; trust ourselves and our colleagues and empower their whole identities; and hear and see our colleagues’ ideas, voices, and perspectives, acknowledging that we are better together.
You Need to Know
Aside from the unparalleled benefits of working for The Ohio State University and working in the diverse, smart, enjoyable, and growing city of Columbus, Ohio, this opportunity will provide exceptional rewards that arise from working for an institution doing worldwide life-changing teaching and research. Learn more here: https://hr.osu.edu/careers/.
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://osujoblinks.com/xxsq
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit osujoblinks.com.